3.3
Cleanliness
Quality of Food

My husband and I are extremely frequent customers to the Nags Head location and have been since they opened. We have seen staff come and go but not surprised given the conversations we have overheard when dining in...this includes line level and management staff.

Until recently we had always received pretty good service and the food speaks for itself. However, we noticed over the last few months that service has been slipping...no friendly hellos from staff, sandwiches overly soaked in vinegar, a couple of visits went by without anyone alerting us that we had a free sandwich coming and just an overall indifferent attitude when waiting on us. Today, the lone stable staffer( a thin blonde, late 20's early 30's...did not see her name tag and never noticed her name tag as she seemed to always just give a dry hello and make our sandwiches while training others) was again up front making sandwiches while a new person sliced and a new person rang up orders. She did not speak this time, just simply asked how we wanted our sandwiches.

I explained how I wanted my husband's, my grandson's and that I wanted mine as a salad...she nodded and preceded to finish our order. Meanwhile, I informed the new cashier that I had 2 coupons so I wanted one sandwich rang separately from the rest of my order. My husband has a shore points card and I have one and I am well aware that they need to be rang separate to be able to use them both. As the cashier began to ring the second order, the blonde(sorry, don't know her name) interjected and exclaimed that I could not use my coupon from the same phone.

I told her that it was on the same phone but it was a separate email as my husband and I have separate shore points and emails. She said that corporate would get on her back if she allowed it. I reiterated that it was 2 different coupons and that It was wrong for her to insult us and assume that we were trying to cheat the system. I further reminded her that we are regulars and should never have been treated that way and it was her indifference and poor customer service of others in the past that resulted in us not coming in as much as we once did.

She said she was sorry but she knew she would hear from corporate if she allowed the same coupon to be used twice. Once again, I told her it was 2 different coupons but that she did not have to worry about it in the future because we would not be coming back.

There has obviously been a lot of turnover at this location and this supervisor/manager has managed to stay while all others have gone...maybe she is the reason for the poor internal customer service as well. My husband and I are just 2 people in a sea of many BUT we will not continue to throw good money on BAD service...it simply is not worth it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jersey Mikes Subs Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Others and my self being treated rudely, Being treated rudely and like a cheat.

Comments